While 18- and 21-plus age groups have plenty of places to choose from around town, younger teenagers are often left out in the cold, searching for all-ages gigs or a place to hang out. The Garage, the City of Burnsville’s youth recreation center, has after-school and summer programs for middle- and high-school youth. On the weekends, it turns into an all-ages music venue, offering gigs by local up-and-coming bands, usually for $5 to $15 a head. The venue has earned plenty of accolades through the years, including several national awards.
- Best All-Ages Venue Best Of
- Twin Cities all-ages venues: Clubs, coffeeshops, and more
- Astronautalis: I'll go PG-13 at all-ages shows, but it's impossible for PG or G
- The Garage to become nonprofit music venue in 2015
- Creepoid: "We Haven't Killed Each Other Yet"
- Hawthorne Heights: After 10 years, it's fun to throw some curve balls at yourself